SMITH GETS NEEDLE BEFORE MVG
Bully Boy gets tatt for massive Liverpool clash
MICHAEL SMITH admits it’s ‘simples’ he needs to win all his matches in the Unibet Premier League after getting a meerkat tattoo.
Bully Boy faces Michael van Gerwen in a huge clash in Liverpool tonight, a repeat of last year’s final and World Championship final.
But Smith prepared by getting the needle, saying: “I got the meerkat because it’s my baby’s favourite animal. Whatever he picks goes on my leg.
“He’s got a bear and now a meerkat. There will be more to come!”
The hot prospect has been frustrated with his Premier League form of late as he sits eighth in the table with just three wins from 10 games, but welcomes the challenge of taking on World No.1 MVG.
He said: “It’s simple for me now. I’ve got to win all the games left now. I can do it, I know I can because I've done it before.
"It's up to me now to make sure I turn up and get the job done. I keep throwing games away from winning positions, both matches against Peter I should've won but didn't and that's why I am where I am.
"I kept worrying last week that Peter was going to break my throw and that's the difference from last year because there was no doubt, but now a bit of doubt has started to creep in.
"It's getting harder to tell myself I'm not playing badly, but I had a killer instinct last year which I need to find again if I'm going to turn this season around.
“I’ve been putting the hours in and my performances have been coming back but when you play him you know how much more you need to put in.
“It's getting harder to tell myself I'm not playing badly, but I had a killer instinct last year which I need to find again if I'm going to turn this season around.
“I'll keep on fighting, I've had the benefit of a few days resting at home ahead of a big night in Liverpool where I'll be giving absolutely everything to win.”
Night 11 - Thursday April 11
M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
Rob Cross v Peter Wright
Gerwyn Price v Mensur Suljovic
James Wade v Daryl Gurney
Michael Smith v Michael van Gerwen
Words: Phil Lanning, Images: Taylor Lanning
- 19.10.2019Anderson admits the "nerves" are back!
- 12.10.2019MVG sends out chilling warning
- 08.10.2019Ando admits it's a "horrible game"
- 30.09.2019Gurney: I want to hit Top Gear!
- 28.07.2019CROSS: I WON IT FOR MY BOY!
- 26.07.2019Wright glory all down to lucky flight
- 23.07.2019MVG blasts rivals "didn't have big mouths"
- 21.07.2019BUNTING: I closed my eyes before big win!
- 09.06.2019SCOTS WIN WORLD CUP
- 06.06.2019CROSS OUT TO "STUFF" CRITICS
- 23.05.2019CROSS VOWS TO FIND "MAGIC"
- 23.05.2019MVG: I WILL SMASH THEM!
- 16.05.2019CROSS AIMS TO BE CUT ABOVE
- 10.05.2019Price: They are trying to get me banned
- 02.05.2019MVG vows Gurney "won't beat me"
- 25.04.2019Wade not "frightened" by the big boys
- 18.04.2019Van Gerwen's bizarre socks superstition!
- 11.04.2019SMITH GETS NEEDLE BEFORE MVG
- 03.04.2019CROSS HITS THE BOOS AGAIN
- 29.03.2019LEGEND BARNEY IN QUIT U-TURN
- 22.03.2019WRIGHT BLAST OF THE MOHICAN
- 25.02.2019CROSS WANTS TO DRIVE WITH ALI