CROSS AIMS TO BE CUT ABOVE
Rob's gory curse spurs him to glory
ROB CROSS has revealed he can win the Unibet Premier League despite being struck by a gory curse of slashing his head like a horror movie.
The 2018 World Champion has twice been left with blood pouring down his scalp due to shaving issues this year.
But despite his bonce-shaving nightmares he is back to his razor sharp best on the oche and can finish top of the Unibet Premier League.
He admitted: “I don’t know what it is about the Premier League but every time but keep I slashing my head open.
Recently I just caught my head badly with the razor and when I looked in the mirror it looked like a scene from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre!
“I frightened the life out of my manager Jon Archer, he thought I’d been in a bar brawl when I just turned up for the Premier League
“Then just a couple of hours before my match against James Wade at The Hydro in Glasgow I did exactly the same thing. There was blood everywhere. I don’t think that would be a good look on Sky Sports.
“I mean I’ve give blood, sweat and tears to darts but that’s taking it too far. Thankfully we managed to patch it up before the match.
“The strange thing is that I keep winning after I’ve cut my head open. Either I need to get sponsored by Gillette and get better razors or maybe just stick to the weirdest superstition ever.”
Cross now faces Wade again tonight but has no plans to repeat his preparation. He added: “If I can keep myself out of trouble before the match that would be helpful.
“It’s a big match for both of us. But I’ll just go into it like any other before. I need to win to keep up momentum for the O2.”
Words: Phil Lanning
Images: Taylor Lanning
First Direct Arena, Leeds
- 12.10.2019MVG sends out chilling warning
- 08.10.2019Ando admits it's a "horrible game"
- 30.09.2019Gurney: I want to hit Top Gear!
- 28.07.2019CROSS: I WON IT FOR MY BOY!
- 26.07.2019Wright glory all down to lucky flight
- 23.07.2019MVG blasts rivals "didn't have big mouths"
- 21.07.2019BUNTING: I closed my eyes before big win!
- 09.06.2019SCOTS WIN WORLD CUP
- 06.06.2019CROSS OUT TO "STUFF" CRITICS
- 23.05.2019CROSS VOWS TO FIND "MAGIC"
- 23.05.2019MVG: I WILL SMASH THEM!
- 16.05.2019CROSS AIMS TO BE CUT ABOVE
- 10.05.2019Price: They are trying to get me banned
- 02.05.2019MVG vows Gurney "won't beat me"
- 25.04.2019Wade not "frightened" by the big boys
- 18.04.2019Van Gerwen's bizarre socks superstition!
- 11.04.2019SMITH GETS NEEDLE BEFORE MVG
- 03.04.2019CROSS HITS THE BOOS AGAIN
- 29.03.2019LEGEND BARNEY IN QUIT U-TURN
- 22.03.2019WRIGHT BLAST OF THE MOHICAN
- 25.02.2019CROSS WANTS TO DRIVE WITH ALI